Acute Myocardial Infarction
Acute Myocardial Infarction, in simple language, is a heart attack. When the flow of the blood to the heart is blocked due to the development of fat, cholesterol, or any other substance resulting in plaque in any of the arteries, it gives rise to a heart attack. This actually blocks the blood flow and thus results in damaging the heart muscle. Heart attack can sometimes have minimal or no effect and at the same time, it can also be fatal.
To prevent yourself from the fatal effect of heart attack, you must know its signs and symptoms in detail so that you can take precautions and measures, if required, on time. Some of the symptoms include:
- Classic symptoms: chest pain and shortness of breath are the two most classic symptoms of a heart attack. If you, your friend or any of your loved one feel the sudden ache in the heart and gets short of the breath, you need to rush to the doctor.
- Common symptoms: apart from classic symptoms, there are some other signs of heart attack also. These include tightness in the chest, pain in the upper part of the body. These parts includes the jaw, back, etc. , sweating, vomiting, cough, dizziness, fast heart rate, nausea, anxiety, and similar others.
Besides this, some symptoms are likely to be in women and not in men. These are shortness of breath, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, jaw pain, and upper back pain. Symptoms of flu are also reported many times in women who had a heart attack.
Have you ever wondered what the main cause behind a heart attack is? Well, blockage of the artery is one of the main causes but there are some other reasons as well which results in a heart attack. Just have a look at those causes also:
- Bad cholesterol: cholesterol is mainly in the food we eat. Different varieties of food are having different quantities of cholesterol. Excess intake of cholesterol is one of the leading causes of the blockage of the artery. Though intake of cholesterol is not harmful intake of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol can create a problem for you. This is because it can stick to the walls of the arteries and produces plaque which can further result in blood clotting.
- Saturated fat: saturated fat is commonly found in dairy products and meat such as beef, cheese, butter, etc. It also contributes to the blockage of arteries by increasing the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood. This further reduces the quantity of good cholesterol and thus increases the chances of a heart attack.
- High blood pressure: if you have the problem of high blood pressure, you are at a greater risk of a heart attack. As normal blood pressure increases from 120/80 mm Hg, the risk of heart problems also increases with it. This is because it can damage the arteries and also increase the rate of development of plaque.
- Diabetes and high sugar level: people with high blood sugar levels are also the most common victim of a heart attack. This is because increment level damages blood vessels which however lead to artery diseases and thus triggers a heart attack.
- Smoking and alcohol: Excessive intake of alcohol and smoking are the other lifestyle changes that play a crucial role in a heart attack. This weakens the body parts and thus makes abnormal changes in the body resulting in many cardiovascular conditions and disease.
It is a suggestion to keep an eye on some common signs and symptoms of the heart attack. So that you can take the required action immediately and can save the life of your loved ones. Visiting the best cardiologist in Jaipur is the ultimate solution for you at the worsening situation.