Detection of lifestyle diseases has increased over the years. An unhealthy lifestyle has to be blamed for the this, also it is one of the leading causes of concern among the youngsters. Be it finding an affordable treatment or just getting that insurance claim, heart valve replacement in Jaipur or India has the best to offer. It is a boon that doctor trained abroad have been moving to their country and continue practicing here for all the right reasons.
Not only are the doctors certified well enough in their job, but precise and accurate as well. This helps you get the treatment done faster such that you can recover and go home no sooner than ever. Additionally, new age technology has only become one of the added advantages in the field to get it done in your mother-land. It cuts down the cost of treatment abroad. It gives you an opportunity to make use of that health insurance plan without which the procedure would have been excruciatingly expensive.
What does a heart valve transplant include?
It is a surgery which is carried out by experienced surgeons only who have trained in the field for years. The process is fairly straight-forward but demands that you be very diligent when carrying out the process. The damaged valve replaces easily by substituting it with parts or grafts from other parts of the body. This helps you replace the mal-functioning procedure and allows the heart to carry on with its normal activities.
The process includes inducing heavy anesthesia and takes around 5-6 hours on a general day. That is one day without any complications when everything is going smoothly. It could be an open-heart surgery where the patient takes the help of an external source. There is another risky process which includes removing the heart and lung machine and operating on the beating heart.
A most common process of valve replacement, or heart valve disease, usually includes replacement of tricuspid and pulmonary valves, even if it is very rare in grown-up adults. The most common replacement includes the aortic valve and the mitral valves. The process can be as simple as narrowing down the valve and getting on with it. It could also include one of the processes where there is a requirement of an actual graft to go ahead with the heart valve disease treatment.
Why do you need a heart valve replacement?
How do you replace a leaky valve? Well, that sounds like a tap doesn’t it? But, it is way beyond comparison on that front. Aortic regurgitation is one of the most common conditions where you need a valve replacement. In case the condition goes undetected one stands the risk of getting a heart failure.
Then there is a condition which is Mitral regurgitation. It allows oxygenated blood to flow back into the lungs instead of passing it through the heart and then the body. This is not as expected and can cause you to face shortness of breath and chest pain, irregularity and tend to get very common if the condition is induced in any case.
Patients suffering from different heart conditions also demand the valve replacement and return the heart back into its initial working condition.
What are the risks associated with the heart valve replacement?
Surgical procedures are not devoid of risks or complications. It could be one of the best doctors in the world operating on you. Nobody gives you a 100% guarantee that it would be completely safe or otherwise.
The heart is such a delicate and sensitive organ demands care and attention. Not to mention precision and accuracy. There are a few complications, common issues and risks with the surgery.
This could include the following:
- Blood vessels tend to damage during the surgical process. However, this issue if left unattended or if it goes undetected, it can cause excessive internal bleeding which could cause massive damage.
- There is a possibility that there would be a blood clot or a few of them which could cause multiple problems. It could be a problem related to the lungs. It could be a problem related to the heart and cause a heart attack if it gets worse due to negligence.
- There is a possibility that there could be an infection at the location of the incision. It could be because of poor equipment hygiene or the body’s incapability to ward off infections. It can rise to further complications which can make it difficult to cure the condition.
- There are situations where patients contact pneumonia which is also a critical condition. It is not only one of the most difficult conditions to recover from after a surgery, but also risky.
- Given that the heart requires time to get adapt to the new valve and so on and so forth. It is a possibility that the patient might face breathing problems. The plausible symptoms for the same can be short of breath and restlessness, chest pain, etc.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia is a common complication that arises after the surgery in most of the patients.
- It is not only one of the situations where patients demand a pacemaker, but also abnormal heart rhythms can cause further troubles. There is also a possibility that the valve replaced can succumb to failure.
Always pay attention to the doctor’s advice and take note of the procedure recommended. It is important that you keep all instructions in mind. So that you can avoid any kind of complication post the surgical process. Being careful and aware not only helps you stay aware but also take better care of yourself.