Your heart is the most important organ of the body and if you are suffering from any heart-related issues then it is always best to look for a cardiologist. It is best to consult an expert when needed. The following are tips that state how you can choose one near you.
Tips for Finding the Best Cardiologist:
Asking for friends & family:
A great idea to begin finding the best cardiologist is to consult with your relatives and associates. If they had advised a heart specialist sometime back, they may be able to guide you rightly. Apart from that, you can also ask for a recommendation from your principal care doctor. A tiny piece of online analysis may also present you with a record of cardiologists.
Credentials are essential features that you require to focus on when deciding on a great cardiologist. They require to be qualified and approved and have the required abilities and expertise to do the expected schemes.
The location also plays an important role in deciding the cardiologist. The quality of care that you receive at the hospitals may to a large extent depend on its reputation. The hospital where the cardiologist that you preferred is employed, needs to be near your place so that you may be able to visit for check-ups at any time even during an emergency. Research the professional and the hospital to secure more regular care.
The level of experience that the cardiologist has is also of importance and should not be ignored. You can ask how many times they have performed the surgery this year to determine their abilities and knowledge. It is always best to do some background check on the doctor’s experience and success rate.
So if you are searching for a doctor near you keep these things in mind. You can find the best cardiologist to take care of your heart issue at the Hridyam Heart Care Centre. You should look for this option in order to get the best outcomes.
These are the factors associated with the increasing risks of a heart attack:
1. Age: A man who is older than 45 years and a woman who is more than 55 years, are more chances of getting a heart attack.
2. Angina: Chest pain is caused by Angina. In Angina, there is a lack of blood supply or oxygen to the heart.
3. High cholesterol levels: High level of cholesterol cause the formation of blood clots in the arteries, which in turn, leads to the heart attack.
4. Diabetes: Diseases such as diabetes increases the chances of a heart attack.
5. Diet: High amount of fatty, junk food increases cholesterol levels.
6. Genetics: A person is more likely to suffer from a heart attack if his parents have suffered from it.
7. Heart surgery: Heart surgery is past can greatly contribute to the heart attack in the future.
8. Hypertension: Hypertension by high blood pressure puts unnecessary strain on the heart and in fact, can lead to a heart attack.
9. Obesity: Obesity increases the chances of a heart attack.
10. Smoking: Smokers are having more chances of a heart attack in comparison to the persons who don’t smoke.
Heart Attack Causes
When one or coronary arteries become blocked, it results in a heart attack. After a certain period, a coronary artery becomes narrow from the buildup of various substances, including cholesterol (atherosclerosis). This condition, known as coronary artery disease, which is the main Heart Attack Causes.
While heart attack, one of the plaques gets rupture by which fatty substances get accumulate in the bloodstream. Therefore, a blood clot forms at this site. This blood clot can block the blood flow by the coronary artery. Hence, the heart muscles start starving for oxygen and nutrients (ischemia).
You might have a complete or partial blockage. A complete blockage means ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and partial means a non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI). Diagnostic steps and treatment might be different depending on which you’ve had.